Welcome to Mzuzu Diocese
Every Thing, Except Sin, is Sacred
Message from the Bishop
As a church, our belief and work is Christocentric, that is, it centers on Christ and is modelled after his life and teaching. Luke 4:18-19 " The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim liberty to the captives and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed, to proclaim the year of the Lord's favour."
Commitment to safeguard and protect children and young people.
- The Catholic Diocese Mzuzu is committed to safeguarding the children and young persons in our care and providing a safe environment in which they can pray, learn and develop. We believe that the welfare of the children and young people attending our services is paramount.
- The diocese is committed to upholding the rights of every child and young person who attends our services, including the rights to be kept safe and protected from harm, listened to and heard to.
- Our policy and procedures to safeguard children and young people reflect national policy and legislation and are underpinned by the Episcopal Conference of Malawi child protection policy of 2012.
- Our policy declaration applies to paid staff, volutes, committee/board members and students on work placement within our institutions. All must sign up to and abide by the policies, procedures and guidance encompassed by this policy declaration and our child safeguarding policy and accompanying procedures.
- All concerns on child safeguarding and protection should be channeled to the Diocesan child protection Officer through the following contacts:
Name: Collette Mughogho, Phone: +265 998 749 437 email: email@example.com
The parish is the core of Catholic life in our local communities. In every parish of our diocese, the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic has been particularly acute. Our collective mission to spread the Gospel is challenging without a financial lifeline. It therefore important that our parishes and priests receive the offertory support they need to remain operational through this time without in-person weekly Masses.The Diocese of Mzuzu encourages all its congregant to observe set standard operating procedures in public place .
Thank you for your hopeful witness of the Gospel as you bring in word and action God’s invitation to all those suffering around us.